Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday!

Sorry to Video... I missed the post yesterday.  I want you to visualize this... You are riding in a vehicle, going down the highway and there are lots of things in the car.  Lightweight things, like balloons for example.  You decide you want to open the window you are sitting next to and instantly the suction from that window takes all those lightweight objects and pulls them out!  It is controlled chaos but you can't help watching the trail of balloons leaving the vehicle....  Well, each of those balloons have a task inside of them and the first one that flew out the window was the task to post on field trip day for you.  Sorry, hope this visual makes up for it!


Digital Rockstars.  I want to make sure you know how much I enjoy all of you!  Yesterday was fun and you all were super well-behaved and definitely showed up for the task of taking full advantage of the day outdoors.
Thank You!  Two-Claps for each class!!!  All that fresh air, couldn't help but be a little sleepy on the way home... reminded me that I am going to bring a video camera along next time! :)

ALRIGHT~  BACK ON TASK
May is coming and it scares me because I want more time!

Digital:  Poster work.  Photo Uploading.  Contact Sheet printing and editing with Rubric.  Voting.  TAGS!!!  We will be finishing this week out with making sure all the tags are made, contact sheets are done, and the poster is saved in the N-drive.

Video:  May is coming and I am getting anxious, not because semester is finding it's way to a conclusion but because I want more time with you crazy fruitcakes!  Next week is a big week though so we will be having a small celebration on Wednesday.  (FYI)
Group work with Recap Rapids.  Project Profanity.

And I have something I want to do for a project but want you all to play a roll in it.... most of this will be done in class but I want to run it by you all.. it is an LHS blitz on Bullying but the outline I have for it is pretty cool so after I get my research together I am hoping you all would be on board!!
OUTLINE:
Black haze effect on outer edges of screen.
Spotlight on individuals, center focused.
1. Definition.  Statistics.  Student line with sheets of paper for viewers to read.
2. Transition to stories.  Real stories, students will be kept anonymous.  Being bullied or being a bully.
3. Footage of hallways during passing periods moving through them, walking.
4. At the same time, a tripod set up at the end of the hallway getting footage of student movement during passing period into the emptiness as class starts. This also may be set up for multiple passing periods.
5. Possibility of lunch filming also, edited in the same manner.
6. A STOP/Pause
7. A change of school environment.  Student empowerment, confidence, and commitment to make a change for a better environment for themselves and for their peers.
Student line up with sheets again.  This time students are dressed in apparel: depending on what they are involved in at Lincoln, in the community or just themselves.
8. Group shot of all of us:  Be the change YOU wish to see at Lincoln High School.

Done.

What you think?

5 comments: