Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Howe Elementary Art Room

WELCOME TO HOWE!
Home of the Bulldogs.
First year at Elementary.... since I graduated from college and taught for a year and here I am trying to get back in the saddle with the youngsters.
Will admit: I had no idea what having an 'art room' would be like.  I have been Art-On-A-Cart down south and then when I came back to Wisco I have been in shared areas ever since.... So set-up, bulletin boards, organization, and truly making a room as functional-as-possible was the absolute goal.
So this is as far as we have gotten.... still clean but that will be changing soon!


Themed it with 'COLOR'.  Primary, Secondary, and Complimentary.  Worked in a Word Wall & the Elements n Principles.
This year our PBIS is 'Howe to be a Top Dog' so we are working on being 'Top Dog Classes' in Art.
Our Artists will be 'Top Dog Artistis'.....




Kudos to pinterest and the amazing people out there showing their galleries off of student work, bulletin boards, projects, and all that greatness.  It has been so helpful and inspiring!!  BIG thank you!



Will be honest.. I love spray paint... so the chinese lanterns, cds, planters, and containers were all sprayed to add some color- everywhere!
Magnets are super nice on the dry-erase boards also!!


This room is shared by two teachers... and space is always the issue... so working to make it as functional as possible so we don't pull our hair out with the craziness that can become an art room.
Lets face it.... Art really isn't all that funny if we don't get messy..
So the ultimate Goal will be 'Controlled Chaos'.



2 comments:

  1. Tonn!!!! I didn't know you worked here! I'm so excited! I went to Howe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonn!!! I didn't know you worked at Howe! I never went there but I guess Jordyn is pretty excited about it. I hope your year goes well!


    P.S. Alft and I have computer graphics together.

    ReplyDelete